News & Updates
[Vacancy] Researcher at the CeSSRA
About the centre
The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action is an action-oriented, non-profit research centre for and about civil society.
We are a multidisciplinary space creating synergies and bridging between researchers, experts, civil society and NGO practitioners, and activists. The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action aims to foster social change through innovative uses of social science, digital technologies, and publication and exchange of knowledge.
The Researcher produces scientific knowledge, contributes to the uptake of research results and underscoring their significance to diverse audiences, and disseminates scientific information in a variety of outputs.
This researcher will specifically focus on social policy making in Lebanon and the region, and more specifically, on social protection. They will also be expected to provide monitoring and analysis of IFIs decisions and policies.
The researcher’s main tasks include:
- Develop, using a range of research methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods), a variety of research publications focusing on social policy making processes and social protection more particularly, and the monitoring and analysis of IFIs decisions and policies;
- Undertake field research using a variety of methodologies and techniques;
- Analyse findings, and publish them in a variety of knowledge products: scientific papers, short articles, reports, policy briefs, blog posts, infographic materials, etc.;
- Disseminate research insights and findings in scientific, policy, and other knowledge sharing events and other media;
- Contribute to reviewing and / or editing centre’s content, and publications, for quality and consistency prior to dissemination;
- Coordinate and follow up on all research related activities;
- Contribute to the visibility of the centre’s research and publications;
- Identify synergies as well as opportunities across Lebanon, the region and globally, to enhance opportunities for knowledge sharing as per the centre’s mandate, and liaise with research centres, universities, and think tanks.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Masters degree in social sciences is required (sociology, political science, anthropology); PhD candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent research and analytical skills and academic record;
- At least 5 years of experience in related field. A more junior position might be considered when relevant;
- Outstanding writing, editing and analytical skills, and ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations;
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative research methods; familiarity with quantitative tools and mixed methods is highly desirable;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Fluency in English, Arabic and French is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a very strong capacity for effective teamwork.
15 November 2023
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
One year; with a possibility of renewal.
Compensation will not exceed 2,500USD and will be commensurate with experience and education, as per the centre’s compensation scale.
EDUCATION DEGREE DETAILS:
Master’s degree in social sciences (political science, sociology, anthropology) is a minimum requirement. PhD candidates or fresh PhD graduates can also apply.
5 - 10 years
Fluency in Arabic, English, French
Applications should be submitted in English and have an attached CV, cover letter, contact details of 2 references.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly explain how their profile corresponds to the job requirements.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send applications to email@example.com by 15 November 2023, including "Researcher" in the subject line.
Note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.